Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Food Hoarder Challenge

Yesterday...coincidentally July 1st...and a monday...which I can explain later...I again decided that "Man, I have got to quit buying food"  Well, that day I went to Walmart for shorts and ended up in the food aisle...again, as always.  As I walked and looked at items I found myself putting items in my cart...not because I need them but because of the novelty or the emotion.  For instance, in the peanut butter I aisle I found they have cashew butter and a product called PB2.  In my head I am saying to myself "cashew butter...yum, I have almond butter, peanut butter, sesame butter and ?no cashew butter.  Mm...sounds good.  I will buy one!  Then I see PB2.  I pick up a jar...PB2 OMG...its that powdered stuff I have read about.  I must have that..in all flavors!"  I then put three jars in my cart and gaily forward.  As I continue on I think...good grief, I don't need spread!  So, I put them back.  I decided that I have alot of food and need to eat what I have.  I ended up buying a few vegetables, some rice, went home and ate...salad.  Yum.  Good thing I had that bag of salad at home.

Then today...July 2nd.  I am at my sisters and as I look around I see she really does have quite the food stash.  It rivals mine and I think...wow, between the two of us, we probably have enough food for a year of meals.

That is when I decided...that is it.  Except for produce and critical ingredients...I want to try eating from my stash.

I am not a prepper...so there is no need to have so much accumulated.  It eventually either goes to waste or just sits...

Day 2...(because on day 1 I had that bag of salad)  meal

Banana spinach oatmeal smoothie
Frozen ravioli and jarred pesto (from fridge)

Obviously, the perishables will be first..

No comments:

Post a Comment